- 2013 MindAlert Award in the Mental Fitness Programs for Early Stage Cognitively-Impaired Older Adults category from the American Society on Aging and the Metlife Foundation
- 2006 Archstone Award for Excellence in Program Innovation from the Gerontological Health Section of the American Public Health Association
New England Cognitive Center
The NECC presents its award-winning, research-based Mind Aerobics Suite of programs.
- NECC programs are designed to provide older adults with comprehensive mental workouts that maintain or improve cognitive functioning.
- Mind Aerobics programs are developed to systematically stimulate six major cognitive domains of the brain, instead of focusing on only one or two cognitive skill areas like other programs.
- Most of our work focuses on individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Until there is a cure, we will keep working to develop innovative cognitive interventions which help restore hope by allowing persons with dementia to FIGHT BACK.